Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Exit Interview @ Shoreline

(Note: The title of this post is not "Exciting Interview" in the interest of your continued stable blood pressure.)

So, my Exit Interview was today with Shoreline Community Church's Executive Pastor, Dennis McFaddin. Great guy, great "interview", great feeling going into and out of the moment. 'Nuf said. Well, maybe just a few more details.

Dennis asked ne a series of questions ("The worst thing about working at Shoreline? The best thing? What could we do better?" Etc.) looking for feedback and I gave it. He listened carefully and made me feel like he really cared about me and my input.

I then gave him the page-and-a-half of analysis I brought with me and we went through it, including where I felt I had grown, my personal negatives (where I felt I could've done better), my personal positives to the glory of God, and where I feel that Shoreline could improve. (No, you can't ask me for a copy!)

When it got down to the bottom line of the official reason why I got ______ (insert your favorite fun firing line here: let go, the boot, my walking papers, my eternal reward, etc.), it was numbers. I was also told I need to grow in my ability to listen. (At least that's what I think he said. I wasn't really listening . . . no, no, no. just kidding!) Both of these items (decreasing numbers and need to listen better) have definitely been problems for me during my time at Shoreline, so no surprises.

I'm grateful I was given the opportunity to air some frustrations, give positive feedback, receive some personal growth points, and pray for each other's ministries. Dennis did a fine job at a difficult task. All-in-all, a truly great meeting. Thanks to those of you who prayed for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't realize that all of this was going on. Its good to know though and I'll be excited to see where God leads you guys from here!