Saturday, January 5, 2008

Trees: Not Made Like They Used To

We came home from our Christmas vacation to this in our front yard. No telling how old this tree was, but it "ain't gettin' any older" as they say. Nope, she's down for the count. The wind gusts up to 80mph the day before we arrived (our original arrival date!) doomed a fair percentage of our wimpy Bay Area tree population.

Guess we'll be calling a professional to handle this one. An axe takes a long time, but the only time you'll see me with a chainsaw is if I'm trying to juggle 3 of them. And axes aren't just for murderers anymore.

On a more cheerful note, the Tahoe ski areas are getting record snowfalls, which we're hoping to take advantage of sometime soon. 10 feet of powder, they say. I can't wait. Maybe I'll grab that chainsaw after all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, is this a picture of the adorable Michaela? by a blown down tree? Come on Michael that tree isn't so big you could chop it apart...does Katie have to handle all the big jobs?

Anonymous said...

I Want to go to Tahoe! Invite me along you freakazoid!

Stef said...

Hi Michael... I was just curious. What small churches are you helping?

Rachel said...

After clicking several links that did not work, I somehow bumped into your blog. I see it has not been updated recently (that is blogging for you - on again, off again), but perhaps you check by every now and then. I just wanted to comment on your little girls. They are soooooooo cute!!!!