Wednesday, November 16, 2011

New Window into My World

My office got a couple of new windows yesterday. These skinny pieces of fiberglass encased in a nice wood frame are my new accountability partners. No more eating snacks in secret. No more changing into dry clothes after baptisms. No more.

Where it all happens.
The big upside is that now I can have a semi-private meeting with one of my youth regarding a personal matter or counsel a mom struggling with some issues at home and actually leave the door closed! I'm still on display for all to see, but the conversation remains private.

Okay, enough about the good. Back to the "poor me" factor. You see, I'm what I like to call a "busy guy" with lots of projects on lots of fronts. And the primary front is my desk. Simply put, it's not the picture of barren office wasteland that makes you think, "Gee, does he do anything at all." Instead, my desk screams, "Yikes! Is Pastor Michael buried under all those papers?" Now that "busy guy's" desk is on display 24/7, thanks to the kind folks at WindowsMakeGreatHolesInDoors.com.

I guess I'll need to focus more on personal neatness and general office hygiene. Sounds like another plus to me.

No comments: